Hennah Haywood Law are a modern legal practice offering career progression as well as a supportive and friendly working environment. We have a passionate team at both of our offices (Newport and Neath) as well as brilliant facilities whilst working, for example a gym on site which is free for employees to use, newly renovated offices and fresh bean-to-cup coffee! If you are looking for your next steps in your legal career or perhaps looking to progress further in your field then look no further.
We are currently looking to recruit a Conveyancing Assistant.
In this role, you will provide comprehensive support to a conveyancer with their caseload. You will have great communication skills and be confident both updating clients and getting to grips with our online case management system.
The ideal candidate for us will be proactive and switched on, ready to take the initiative and provide substantial support to our very busy legal practice. We are on the lookout for an experienced Assistant, who has a proven experience in the Conveyancing sector.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
Taking instruction from clients
Creating accounts and records
Dealing with leasehold, freehold, remortgaging and land registry transactions
Processing sale and purchase transactions
Conducting client checks
Client relationship management
General administration support in a busy conveyancing department
The right candidate will have:
- A keen interest in legal practice and, ideally, some knowledge and experience within the legal sector.
- At least 1 year of experience within property law.
- Desirable but not essential is a degree or further education within law.
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) and organisational skills;
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment and use initiative to proactively prevent and solve problems that may arise from time to time;
- Resilience and a positive attitude to dealing with challenges;
- Collegiality and a team-player approach to work.
- The confidence to speak to clients and provide a good customer service at all times.
- Proficiency in all of the standard programmes in the Microsoft Office suite; and,
- A sense of professionalism and excellent personal standards.